Shrimad Rajchandra Recycling & Environment Awareness Programme (REAP) cultivates an eco-friendly culture and encourages recycling of waste products.
Did you know:
- Recycling twenty cans consume the same energy required to produce one new can
- One recycled aluminium can saves enough energy to run your television for three hours
- Recycling one glass bottle saves enough energy to light a 100-watt light bulb for four hours, power a computer for 30 minutes or a television for 20 minutes
- Recycled paper production creates 74 percent less air pollution and 35 percent less water pollution than virgin paper production
- Every pound of recycled plastic used in place of virgin material reduces energy usage in plastic production by 84% and greenhouse gas emissions by 71%
Thus, we can see that there are multiple benefits of recycling aluminium, plastic, glass, paper and other forms of waste. To cultivate an eco-friendly culture, we undertake projects to promote and encourage the recycling of these waste products.